There are countless reasons that an adult may want to straighten their teeth. Many people simply didn’t have the opportunity to get braces as a teenager. Others actually did get braces, but found that their teeth shifted from not wearing their retainers. But despite wanting to straighten their teeth, many adults wouldn’t even consider getting braces because they didn’t want the embarrassment of wearing brackets and wires. Then clear braces came along about 20 years ago and changed everything! Now you can get the beautiful smile you’ve always wanted – discreetly. There are two main options for clear braces: Invisalign and ClearCorrect. Regardless of which one a cosmetic dentist in Texas City recommends, you’ll benefit from the many advantages this modern orthodontic option has to offer!
Why Should You Straighten Your Teeth?
Having straight, even teeth certainly makes your smile more beautiful, but the benefits don’t stop there:
- Crowded teeth tend to collect plaque and bacteria that’s difficult to remove. Straight teeth are easier to keep clean and lead to fewer cavities, healthier gums, and a lower risk of gum disease.
- Greatly improved self-confidence that positively affects every area of life.
- Fewer temporomandibular joint (TMJ) issues and healthier jaw function.
- Less wear-and-tear on the teeth, which means fewer cracks and fractures – and ultimately less dental work to repair them.
What Are the Advantages of Clear Braces?
- Appearance – Clearly (no pun intended), not having to wearing brackets and wires is one of the most popular reasons that people choose clear braces. No one will even know you’re in orthodontic treatment.
- Less time in treatment – The average treatment time in clear braces is between 9-18 months. For traditional braces, it’s more like 18-24 months.
- Fewer progress visits – In clear braces, most patients only need to come in about every 6-8 weeks instead of once a month.
- Better oral hygiene – It’s very difficult to clean around the brackets and wires, so it’s not uncommon to have cavities or gum problems after braces are removed. With either Invisalign or ClearCorrect, brushing and flossing is easy because you simply remove your trays beforehand.
- Comfort – Smooth, plastic trays won’t irritate your mouth and are much more comfortable than a mouth full of metal.
- No dietary restrictions – Patients in braces have to avoid hard, sticky or crunchy foods for the entire duration of treatment. With clear braces, you can eat the same diet you did before because you take out your trays before meals.
Which One Is Right For You?
In addition to the many advantages you can get from ClearCorrect or Invisalign in Texas City, you’ll also be glad to know that these options can be used on a wide variety of imperfections such as overbites, underbites, crossbites, crowding and gaps.
Having said that, every patient is unique, so the best way to know which choice is right for you is to schedule a consultation with a dentist who provides multiple orthodontic options.
Straightening your smile is an investment that will pay off for life. And when it comes to how you straighten it, the choice is clear!
About the Author
Dr. John Hackbarth is a general, restorative and cosmetic dentist in Texas City who loves seeing how clear braces affect his patients’ self-image for the better. He’s thrilled that he can offer both Invisalign and ClearCorrect because both options offer outstanding results – without the drawbacks of braces. If you have any questions, he can be contacted via his website or at (409) 935-2111.